Monday, September 03, 2007

So my plan for the next month has been thrown a little askew. I am not working this week. The job i was on finished and yourman was being very unefficient at getting us a new one, like he would ring early on morning we were supposed to e working to say the job is not on, or else on days off we would get a call at 6:45 saying that there is work for us that day. So i have worked 17 days and made a bit of money for the next while so hopefully that will be good. I had also planned to go to Dunedin this Friday but am onw thinking of just going tomorrow.

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, now sure yet, there was a huge snow dump last night and one if the guys i have been hanging aorund with, Emmerson, asked if want to stay for the weekend and go snowboarding. Dont think i will though, will trust that there will still be snow when i come back from Christchurch on the 16th.

Speaking of leaving and coming back, said goodbye to several people that were leaving the hostel today. Have been hanging around with them for the last month and they were the ones i went on my weekend trips and hikes with. I have written about this before during my stay in Dunedin but to be honest i think it will be a constant theme in my stay here. I was talking to Sarah about this on MSN just this morning and what she said is true, you have to get to know people very quickly over here and then just as quickly they are gone forever. ITs very emotionally draining but i think unavoidable, the only alternative is to become a recluse which is not fun either.

I am not too bad, Emmerson is still around for 2 months, as is Makoto the Japanese lad. I am looking forward to leaving Queenstown though, just have t do my bungee jumps and that is everything i want to do here done.

ON a completely different note, i am thinking of getting my hair cut. Have put up a poll on my bebo site to see which one people think looks better. DO IT!





So am talking at this very minute to Joan and Sarah on MSN.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i never said your blogs were boring paul, be reasonable. i just said that i didn't have anything to sink my teeth into. but all that has now changed so aren't you glad i said it duckie?

as for your questions you posed in the last blog i'd answer them as:

1. yes, definitely.
2. the laws are already on the statute books. the problem is enforcement. but yeah, zero tolerance is going to hurt people who don't want to go to jail a lot more than people who don't really care and just see it as a work hazard.
3. it could be a coincidence. the incas famously used base 60 other tribes don't even have counting systems. i certainly wouldn't be prepared to accept base 10 as being some kind of constant common to all human civilisations throughout all ages. besides, if you wanted to get facetious about it, the biggest practical advantage of the various counting systems has been the development of computers, based on binary code. but i don't see any alien making much use of just the two fingers. hexadecimal seems to be useful too for some reason.

nothing is too nerdy to bore me paul. except stuff about balders gate. that game was crap.

i too miss you paul. i'm looking forward to seeing your haircut.

Anonymous said...

oh, and you owe me an email

Anonymous said...

yes cut your hair you tool. i'm, teetering on the brink of commenting on your bebo page,I'm not totally stupid Paul, I know what you're up to, by putting up a poll on your bebo page about your hair, trying to lure me onto the site, like some murderous sexual predator drawing little innocent german boys into his basement!!!!

i'm on to you......