Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hitch-Hikers Guide

SO i did not quite make it the whole way to my destination today. Started hitching around 11 in the morning after i finished all my little jobs in Queenstown and said goodbye to everybody. Was not waiting that long for most places but at one stage i was dropped off on this small little road and ended up walking around 4km with my huge backpack. Eventually this little old woman stops and gives me a life, which i found surprising cuz women travelling on their own rarely stop, especially elderly ones. So all in all i managed 120km today, walked around 10km of it, but come 3 o clock i still had around 200 left. Was standing at one place getting bitten by insects for an hour and a half until 5 o clock and i decided to call it a day. Got a lift 20km back the way i came and am now staying in a town called Wanaka. Will get out of here early in the morning and try to get the morning rush. My poor shoulders are killing me.

No comments: