Thursday, September 20, 2007

Queenstown Queenstown, goodbye

The problem with writing these posts is that i forget what i have and have not said before, even as i write that sentence i am wondering if i have said all this before.

Anyhow i have made a decision and i am going to leave Queenstown. I have been here pretty much since the end of June and i think its time for a change. I am giving up on the snowboarding and if i wanted to disappoint myself i could look back on it and say it was a waste. It did have its plus points however, had a good laugh when Anna and Robbie called over to visit; went snowboarding with some cool people a few times; my last month in Bungi Backpackers have been a lot of fun and of course there was the sky-diving and the soon to be done bungi-jumping. Also if i did not come here for an entire season then i would not have gottent he chance to go to Dunedin as much and have a good a time as i did there.

So i have packed up my expensive winter gear to send home and donated all my cheap shit to the Salvation Army. My board is in being repaired but i think i will just leave that with them, dont want to pay for it and then dump it. My boots i will try and sell for some bit of money, not a profit by any means but hopefully enough. If all goes to plan i should be out of here by Monday or Tuesday so heres loking forward to that.

2 comments:

Laina said...

arra dead people can be pretty knowledgeable. I figure they know crap we don't know. Although he was alive for all the roman candle lark. Anyway, I'm still debating. How's summer? Vancouver just hit Limerick-in-September-and-most-other-months mode.

Laina said...

'Lip my stocking' was something from Lost in Translation, when Bill Murray had an asian lay-deee in his room and she wanted him to rip her stockings like a saucy person....he didn't get it.

Alaska seeming somewhat unachievable :/