Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Chicken and the Egg were lying in bed. The Egg was smoking a cigerette. "Well" it said, "I guess that answers that question..."

OH Lordy the insomnia is back. Yes I know this entry may not make much sense when you read what I wrote yesterday but it is nearly 2 in the morning and I cannot sleep. I worked 7 til 3 today and it was not actually that bad. I was on the counter but it was very quite and I spent the last two hours helping in books and listening to my music. I came home then planning on having a nap and then cutting the grass as the weather was gorgeous but when I woke up two hours later there was torrential rain out. Tis hurricane season down south and we are getting these unexpected squalls in the midst of scorching hot sun.

Anyway I rented Intermission out tonight as I thought Suzanne would like it and she thought it was hilarious, she has been in Ireland several times and is enough of an anti-fan of “Celtic Mysticism” to get most of the in-jokes so she says that she may even buy it, which is nice.

Anywho I decided to go to bed early as I am still shattered and my nap was shit but of course the best laid plans never work out and here I am, burning time by writing this. One benefit is that I do not have to start work tomorrow til 11 thanks to my doing extra hours on Saturday so if I manage to fall asleep now I will still get 8 hours sleep. I don’t understand why this happens, I am dead tired but my mind is not. I have been taking my protein shakes but I make a point of never having them after 7 and til now they have never affected me. Perhaps it is because I took some of those anti-histamine tablets that cause drowsyness but I stopped taking them a few days ago, I am not sure of the day as the last few have melded into a blur. Still I have tomorrow and Wednesday to work in books and then I am off for two days.

I am hoping to go to see Fantastic Four on Friday, one of my managers fancies the guy playing the Human Torch so I have been feeding her rumours about nude scenes in order to get her to drive me out. Damn Americans and their Automobile culture, there is no way to walk to the cinema and I don’t want to be asking Suzanne for a lift. It the equivalent of moving the Omniplex out the ennis road dual carriage-way. Speaking of that, I was on the till today and I was serving this one customer who asks me “are you from Ennis?”. I just kind of stared at her for a minute thinking that she must be incredibly good at accents to narrow it down that far but it turns out she was in Ennis one time and it was the only space she knew. Freeaky I tell you.

Well hopefully this incredibly interesting update will be enough to send even me to sleep. Good Night World!! Of course it is half seven back in Ireland at this stage but lets forget the complicated bits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi hubby.
i'm sick, very, very sick. the doctor made me stop working and now i've to rest up and take 4 tablets of penicillion a day for the next 10 days. then maybe i'll have to get my tonsils out. i'm awaiting test results. i need some movies to watch.
trip to london was enjoyable. will mail soon when iv energy
Your Wife
xxx