Friday, September 23, 2005

NEW PALTZ, NEW PALTZ, IT'S A WONDERFUL TOWN!!!!

So i finally got here, i am writing this for ye from the Hostel that is there on Main Street, it was the one with the slightly disturbing Halloween display of Michael Jackson and a bloody child. Anyway it is so cool to be back. My bus was delayed in New York and then i could not get through to Marie, conals aunt, who i was hoping to meet. I just could not get through to her with the public payphones, i was unsure as to what digits to include or leave out. So that sucked. I went for a bit of a walk abound New YOrk which was as smelly and loud as ever, I liked it though. I also went for a bit of a walkabout in Boston which was sunny and nice and pleasant.

So i eventually arrived in New Paltz a little after 11, Annie and Laura met me at Poughkeepsie train-atation. It was weird to see them, i have began to associate them more with UL that with New Paltz. They dropped me off at the hostel and i was lucky to get a place, reserving a bed would have made too much sense. So then i went for a walkabout the town. I did not realise how much i missed the place. It felt like i never left, my time over here last year was perhaps the best few months of my short life. Walking around was so familiar and i saw a few of the rugby guys and one or two guys from my class. Then on my way back to the hostel and just passing the HAB building who did i meet puking into a bush but....JOE!! The look on his face was priceless, i had sent him an email but he never checked it so he had no idea i was coming. He was a bit drunk so it took him a few minutes to figure out what was happening. He has grown since last year, god bless him, he's an inch or two taller than me now. I got his number anyway and i am going to meet up with him tomorrow. Hopefully i will be able to get onto a few people and meet them in Happy Hour. Even if i dont i will be satisfied having met Joe and the girls and just walking around the campus.

I must be off, theis place is as hippyish as the rest of the town and there is no wall betweent he common room and the bedroom and these bums are trying to sleep. I am actauly exausted yself, i did a lorrah lorrah travelling. I will post again soon

2 comments:

Zeta said...

OH JOE!!!!! I love him and his ways, please send him my loving. Also had a very good night last night with Conal, you must ask him what he got up to!! You'd be happy....talk soon!

Anonymous said...

I know what he did, nananananana! Glad you're having fun paulie, sounds like a laugh. get me some cheesy new york souvenir