Saturday, September 03, 2005

Looking at vegtables causes cancer


Ai-yi-yi, here is me looking chuffed, why? The weather has been brilliant the last few days after the rain blew itself out. I went to the beach yesterday and just lazed around with Lacy and read books. The place is really nice, its a forest that runs right down to the coast so you have the sea, the beach, thick forest. I got a wee bit burnt but nothing like what happened me a month or two ago. Fun was had an i started a few good books. I am thinking of going down to New Paltz in a week or two and it will be around 8 hours travelling each way so i am trying to find a stock of books to keep me going. I worked it out and if i get the 9:15 bus from Rockland i should be in New Paltz by 8:30 that night and that included an hour stop in New York and Boston. I am looking into it and got some good news today when one of the girls in work said it is usually not much of a problem to get days off after labour day which is monday.

So anyway i went to see Transporter2 yesterday with Cliff, my man-date. The film was alright, it was almost a parody of the genre at some stages and was sometimes so cheesy that you had to laugh but twas enjoyable. I was talking to Cliff afterwards and it turns out he is a screen-writer for Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, unfortunately i dont watch it much so i did not know much about it but it seems pretty cool. He knows that guy who played Keller in Oz which Steve might understand. We got talking about borad-games afterwards cuz he is a complete afficiado and he gave me a few suggestions about some games that we might get for Christmas. Unfortunately our nerdy conversation was broken up by the women who had gone off and gotten very drunk on their own. We went back to bi-polar Bettys place and just hung around there. I got on really well with her last night actuall, i showed her how to do Irish dancing and we bonded over our shared appreciation of the Carpenters. All in all very confusing.

So since i was not starting work til half 2 today i went kayaking with this woman who comes into the store a lot and is fascinated with Ireland and all things Celtic. Still i got to ramble on about home while we went paddling out the coast to her families Island. It was scorching hot out and the water was just beautiful, it made me really glad to be here. At the minute i am just back from work and i am exausted. I was closing in the store today and while i enjoy it, it means that i sometimes finish quite late. Still i managed to get another invitation to go play World of Warcraft again so that is cool. Apologies for the brevity and mundanity of the post but perhaps i shall have more to say tomorrow. It is kind of hard to make everyday things sound exciting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog! If you have time, please visit my site: Travel China

Anonymous said...

oh my god paul i love svu(special victims unit) its brilliant. my sister would like to see a pic of cliff (her sis here - yes yes i do !!!) as she too enjoys screen writers.

also big fan of Oz, meaninless violence and random male frontal nudity, i understand why stevie would like it

Zeta said...

you've go to love random male frontal nudity

Anonymous said...

the male form is a glorious thing, more specifically my male form. I'm a big fan of Law + Order Criminal Intent. There's always clever ideas of how to kill someone in a very roundabout way. Informative television making.

Anonymous said...

i really lke that show (svu), the world is a really small place
your wife