Thursday, September 18, 2008

Things I Want/Need

  1. A new Computer: Preferably a Desktop, powerful enough for gaming. was thinking about a lap-top but you can get a more powerful desktop for cheaper and, being honest, I think a laptop wont be much better. I dont want internet access at work cuz its too much of a distraction.
  2. A proper Mp3 player: Not an iPod or Sony, that limits it a bit but still. I have one on my phone and also a 1gb Zen but thats just annoying. Need good ear-phones as well, normal ones fall out of my ears.
  3. A New Set of Clothes: Everything I own is either old or second hand. I have nothing thats anyway formal and all my shoes are well old and smelly. I am pretty used to wearing rags after the year away but I would not mind some new shit.
  4. An Idea for my Thesis: Something interesting that I will enjoy working on. several people in the class have already gotten supervisors for theirs as they came to the course with a clear idea of what they wanted. I am clueless.
  5. Gym membership: And the time and motivation to go. Would also like to be able to go to Capoeira more often and also was thinking of joining the OPC, if only for the rock-climbing, I want to do that again.
  6. Enough Money to buy proper Food: Might sound odd coming from me, but I actually like more than bread and potatoes, some meat or eggs would be nice. I tried a few new things while I was away but forgetting about not having the money to buy them, I am very lazy when it comes to cooking, sometimes potatoes are too much hassle.
  7. The Ability to Write well: I have been reading up on grammar and all that lark, going to be doing a lot of writing this year and want to get good grades. Having good grammar and writing style come automatically would be a help.
  8. To go back to New Zealand: /sigh, nuff said
  9. To be able to see properly: Since I wear my glasses almost every waking moment it is always a shock to me to see how blind I really am. Laser surgery is definately on the cards
  10. A New Library: There are so many books that I want to get right now, and not just fantasy/sci-fi ones, there are a lot that I saw while travelling that I could not buy.

Interesting Link for the Day: The Absurdity of Airport Security

/edit (21/10/08): added some more

No comments: