Friday, September 12, 2008

Gorram interweb

Today i realised just how dependent i am on the internet these days. So i spent the summer bumming around at home Stumbling around the old interweb and i was doing the same when I moved up here to Dave's house. So in the new job I have several hours to burn guarding my desk, the thing is that I don't have a computer or anything to distract me. Thats mostly a good thing as it means that I spend all the time reading and whatnot. Starting studying again though means that I have met all those stupid socio-political terms that i had forgotten about. Its when i am stuck in the middle of some dense chapter that I wish I had the internet. its weird how second nature it is to be able to immediately check up the spelling or meaning of any word, or to wikipedia some incident or theory. The building also has really crap phone coverage and so very often texts don't get through or received so i am completely isolated from all the technology that has kept me entertained me all summer.

I am going to have to get a lap-top at some stage this year though and to be honest i am not sure if I want to get it set up for internet at work. Today for instance i spent a full 4 hours reading and writing notes for a lecture next week and even then I only got half of what I wanted done. If I have internet access my productivity levels will probably plummet, even now I am writing this instead of going to bed even though I know that i am going to be exhausted tomorrow and also that I have a 9 o'clock lecture.

No comments: