Monday, September 22, 2008

I am a monkey me

Went down to the climbing wall this evening. Turns out you can call down casually and pay €4 a pop or else sign up to the Outdoor Pursuits Club for a €5 and get free access for the year. Once i realised that it was a no-brainer and you are now looking at the newest member of the OPC. The climbing was a good laugh, I went years ago with my dad and brother but that was at least 10/15 years ago. I am pretty sore after it but being honest i think it is my fingers that are going to be sorest tomorrow, most of the time you are relying on them to pull you up or keep you steady, I remember Niall had a little squeeze thing that might help me build them up. The membership is good for other OPC stuff as well so maybe I will go for a few hikes and what-not, see can I get back some of the fitness that I got from all the trekking a while back.

So in other news I have been invited over to Germany for OktoberFest. One of the girls is organisiing a reunion of all of us that worked together in New Zealand and has asked myself and the other Irish guy who worked there to come. Its times like this that being poor sux because to be perfectly honest I don't think I can afford to go. There is always next year I suppose.

Link of the Day: Even more stalkerish than Google-Earth?

No comments: