Monday, August 29, 2005

I think i soiled myself


WIZZZZ!!! BANG!!!! WOOOOSH!!!! While it happened two days ago i am all still
buzzin from teh Union County Fair. Thats right folks, i spent my Friday evening at a good olf-fashioned american fair. There was a ferris-wheel, game-stalls, fortune-tellers, lots of bad food venders, a horse-pull, a pig-scramble (i kid you not, they grease a pig and you have to catch it) and then a bleedin hugh fireworks display. I went with Lacy, BiPolar Betty and her new beau. You have to remember that she is bi-polar betty not just bitchy betty so she was in a good mood and twas fun to be around her. It was kind of surreal to be honest, it was the most cliche american thing i have ever seen and when i went into huge barn to watch giant horses pull tons of weight i felt like i was in some a Country & Western video.

So the night before the fair i was over in Lacy's and we watched Brazil by Terry Gilliam, the ex-Monthy Python guy. Twas a good night, the film was good and we went through a bottle or two of wine. I needed it after the week i had though and it felt good to actually relax. We went off to the fair the next day then at around five and went looking at the alpaca'a and llama'a and prize-roosters and pigs. Great fun, lots of stalls selling shiny rocks and stuff as well. So we were really only there for the fire-works but there was a surprising amount of cool nausea causing rides as well which was jolly good fun. Our boss turned up later so i guess that is one more person at work who knows about myself and Lacy, i dont mind as i am going home but she has to stay there and while noone would be nasty about it they can be pretty barbed.

Anyhow, last night then we went over to Betty's place and watched Dodgeball. I went through another bottle of wine there and then we played cribbage, crazy i tell you. Still i was talking to Betty's beau a bit and he is sound. I dont get a chance to talk to much men around here bar Patrick and dreamy Mark. I spent the entire evening at home tonight which is a wee bit a novelty these days. I read threough Jen and James's properly so thanks again and i got your package Joan, thanks a million. I wore the t-shirt around all day and i appreciate the newspaper, i was feeling very out of the loop. Work is going grand at the minute, i am trying to keep a lower profile so i wont get burnt as much. While she may have been sound over the weekend i am not relying on Betty's good mood to last so i am strictly professional in work, no jokes, anecdotes or random conversation. It is an effort for me to be consciously 'cool' with someone i.e formal, but i have had enough of her tantrums to be honest. I have only a month left over here and i do be wanting to do stuff. I am going kayaking with this random woman i was talking to in work today, she is really interested in Ireland and when i told her that i had kayaking lessons she offered to take me out herself on Thursday so that should be fun. I am also looking forward to getting down to Boston to meet up with Laina for a day of culture.

I also just wanted to say hello to my ghost-readers, the ones that read my blog regularly but dont post, you know who you are.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

paul i need you to email me as soon as possible i've emailed you a few times and heard nothing back, but now i'm in trouble..... and i need public opinion, which is better, blonde or brunette?...... i onced wrestled a greased pig, no no, actually that was just a drunk and sweaty steve....

Anonymous said...

That wasn't sweat! i had jst partaken in the receiving end of bukkake. Whats cribbage? It sounds like an itchy vinerial disease, "ooh i've got a bad case of cribbage, me tenderbits are a raging inferno of irritation!"

Paul Sheehan said...

Cribbage does be a game of cards, tis a wee bit complicated, especially after drinking cuz you have to get combinations that add up to 15 and their are points for Runs, and Flushs and Pairs and shit, ohh tres complicique

Anonymous said...

ME! I am a ghostie! And look like an underwater dead person/elf/luna lovegood/ freaky all-knowing english child from a horror movie according to the reactions to the last photo of myself that i posted to my blog! So I LOOK the part as well.

Oh, and no need to look for the photo on my blog, it's a GHOSTLY picture and as such, only certain people can see it.

Anonymous said...

hi paul, thanks for the mention! you know who i am.