Wednesday, August 24, 2005

grrr is an understatement.

ye guys are just jealous. thats all. I am actually quite flattered to be honest, its not often someone rings you up at work to tell you they like you, just a pity in this case they had a penis. I am beginning to think that i am releasing some kind of crazy pheromone though, it only seems to work on old women, fat girls and gay men unfortunately. The cook asked me today if someday i would read her a book while i sat on her lap and i am being followed about by some crazy corset-making local girl. Thats not counting the horny locals that keep hitting on me. I mean god-damn it could there not be at least one girl my age in the mix. I think from now on i will be surly and uncommunicative, and talk in a thick german accent.

I was on the verge of that today actually, the surly bit not the accent. For the first time today it really hit me that i am a foreign guy working in a cafe entirely staffed by females, most short, or fat or gay and sometimes all three. I dont think i spoke more than a few words to anyone today cuz i was so pissed off. Everything just seemed to come to a head today.

1) My boss in books appearantly was concerned cuz so little work was done on sunday when i am there on my own. I was ready to hit her (she is a big butch lesbien though so she would probably have won) cuz i actually stayed half an hour late on Sunday to get everything and more than i was supposed to do done. I was actually expecting a bit of thanks for that, not a slap on the wrist.

2) Suzanne comes in and asks why i did not cut the lawn last week when a few days previous she had said that since the summer is ending that it will not be necessary to do it every week.

3) Our till was 100 dollars out on saturday and it was my fault cuz i charged someone the wrong price then forgot to cancel it on the till. (according to the computer i should have got 90 dollars off them when they actually only owed 9). A note was given around saying this was happening too often and if it continued it would be taken out of our paycheck. 'Someone' then told everyone that it was me and i had to put up with lectures form all asunder.

4) Bi-Polar Betty was still alive.

I just got so pissed off at everyone there that i just had to leave for a while before i killed someone. Betty was about to say something but the look i gave her just made her run off instead. Long-story-short, i spent the day lurking around the shelves avoiding social contact with all, especially the corset-making girl.

After work i just went straight to the gym and lifted and ran until i felt sick. I think there is something immensely satisfying about that feeling, when you cant lift your arms, it hurts to laugh, not that i laughed today, and your stomach is quesy. I have to go in again tomorrow and at the moment i am still feeling pissed off. In Liams post today he said he missed America, today for the first time i missed home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh paul honey, we miss you. really. there's no one to send abusive messages to or rag on about their overall shittyness(well there is conal but he can't take a joke)
the gym thing, ya that's a great feeling alright, you feel like dying, but at the same time you never felt so alive....
i went for a big shitty run myself lastnight, it the lashing rain down along the beach in the dark. I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.
then i retired to a pub and got drunk
will i send you some photos of my genitals? that should cheer you up?

robryan22 said...

or you could just deck the big one,thatd be satisfying,or shag her......jsut throwing it all out there

Anonymous said...

I think pa's onto something. you're just missing the constant deepseeded depression inducing slagging masked with a near transparent veneer(probably spelled wrong) of playfulness.

Come to think of it though that big ass bum loving man went to alot of trouble to get to talk to you which is nice to know i guess. Are you into guys? Gold!

Man if only you had my boss, hes such a manager, he lives for this shit!

Anonymous said...

man i've been stopping people on the street tellin em that story! two people actually wet themselves......and mark wants to know if you'd fancy meeting him for a drink sometime when you get home(mark's seem to have a bit of an infatuation with you don't they?!)