Sunday, June 19, 2005

New York Longing & Serendipity

Had my first day of work today. Twas alright, the shop was really busy and that meant that there was noone to show me how to do stuff so I packed some shelves, organised and dusted some stuff. I was only there from 11 to 4. Still it shows promise, there is a mix of students and full time people working there and they seem sound. There was a solstice party in town today, the main street was closed to traffic and there were bands and stuff around. It was so American and wholesome. I went to a bar with a few people from work and had Bud light for the first time since New Paltz. That is one weird thing, although I am just here from home I am feeling really home-sick for New Paltz. I think it is because everything here is so familiar from the toilets to the money to the plastic cups and tipping in bars. It is so similar but also so far away. I definitely want to go there come august.

Plus I was talking to Suzanne (my boss and whom I live with) and we were talking about rent. Now she had originally said 200 dollars a month but she is thinking of changing that. She said that instead of that she would like me to cut the lawn once a week and help her in her big garden. Damn the bitch, how I hate her.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

PAAAWUUAAALL! you're there and safe and great! YAY. aww don't be all sad and longing and stuff paul, you will have brand new american stories to tell now! and don't be such a brat - help out in the garden you lazy bum!

Unknown said...

DAYCENT BUD!

Paul Sheehan said...

uhh Earth to Meekus, i was not like serious, i do not actually hate that bitch. Like i mean i would have helped her do the gardening for free but now she is doing the equivelant of paying me 200 dollars a month. Hurrah

Laina said...

hey fathead, d'ya have an american mobile? i mean, er, cell phone? look at me all yankeefied

Zeta said...

Workin it in the US of A -ooooooh yeah!!!! I don't know what that was about - that's quite lame, hmmmm I thinking I am coming down with something....I shall email you a private email letter with loads of private secrets and private photos later