Monday, June 21, 2004

Where to begin?

Aright alright alright, since my adoring fans have been begging me to update i shall do so. Where will i start. Last week i was getting sick of work and decided to take a long weekend. Since i had Jury duty on Wednesday i decided that i might take Thursday and Friday off but my supervisor soundly pointed out that if i had to do Jury duty on those days as well then i would wast my holidays so she suggested taking Monday and Tuesday off. Since i had two and a half days off i also took a halfday friday. so off i went on Friday to vote. After a getting the half four bus i barely managed to scrape in to vote before the place closed at nine.

Wy weekend went pretty sweet with a multitude of swims in the canal under a really sunny sky and lots of laying around and doing nothing which i found quite enjoyable

Monday: DAY OF DEATH!!!! Yes on monday i managed to lose my seeing machines otherwise known as spectacles or glasses. There i was innocently gazing into the canal thinking of a haichu dedicated to horses and hyacinthes when this thuggish brute leapt from the undergrowth and brutally tore my "Life-Windows" from my eyes cackling madly, Through my visually impaired squint i could see him dangling them over the water, "change into your swimming togs, bitch" he gruffly ordered. In my myoptic haze i dumbly consented, suppressing the tiny tingle of excitment i felt at being ordered so. "Good little fishy", he hoarsly purred, "now go swim with your fishy friends!!!" with that he carelessly tossed my glasses into the darkened snot-green depths. "NOOOOOOOOOOooooo" i cried as i vainly threw my blind shamboling body into the water, but it was too late. When i surfaced the diabolical spectecle-snatching spectre has dissapeared and i saw conal and his girlfriend Claire come walking towards me laughing. 'did you dive in with your glasses, Paul?' they chortled and no matter how much i protested my innocence they would not believe my admittingly fantastic tale. To this day i will hunt him......the two armed Man!!!!!

i spent the rest of the day looking at all the pretty blobs that had once been my family and friends. That skinny blob over there is my father, the one wearing a blue blob is my brother, the black and blond one must be conal and claire doing.......something. Oh how sorrowful was i, not a happy camper indeed. In the end i managed to find a pair of glasses that my mother had stolen from the lost & found of UL, they were not my perscription but were close enough for me to see blessed facial features again. For the rest of the week i would go diving several times a day to try and find my brown glasses in the brown water on the brown floor. One day i will find those glasses and it will be my crowning achievment.

I am bored for now so i will finish this exciting tale later, stay tuned my installment two of PAUL's WEEK OF WORK!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Laina said...

hee hee, silly boy. how was jury duty?

Unknown said...

ya paul how was jury duty? it must have been really strenous to have to take a whole week off to do it