Tuesday, June 08, 2004

My Weekend of Sea, Sand & Toil

This weekend i decided to treat myself and get the train home, i had taken Friday of to show some langer our house so i had to clean the place from top to bottom, when i finally finished i then had to wait several hours before he blessed us with his presence. Anyway to cut a long story short i did not get home until after 9 that night and that was even after i had taken the train, which was full of people smoking dope in the gaps between carriages and giggling, still it helped me sleep.

Saturday was bargain-basement day. i went into town to meet my friend who is going away for several months so she might miss by 21st birthday. anyhow unfortunately she had to work so i went and bought a rip-curl hoodie, a long-sleeve quiksilver t-shirt, animal shorts and an Eddies for less than 100 euros which i thought was pretty cool considering that i had spent 110 euros on a single pair of shoes several weeks ago. i alos met a friend of mine that i had not seen in ages and since they were ages taking my order in Eddies they gave me super-size everything, soo bloated.

I then headed of to the seaside with Stevie, a friend of mine, and the family. the weather was not as good as i thought i would be but we still got to chillax on the beach, go for a swim and play a lot of frizbee. there was also a bit of work to be done so i spent yet another weekend breaking rocks with a sledgehammer. It is surprisingly therapeutic, i kind of felt sorry for steve cuz i did not know that work would be involved and he got roped into it, it happened before as well and he ended up helping us lug two tonnes of top-soil around. still it is good for the heart.

I got the six o'clock direct train up so i was home around nine. It seemed like an uneventful night with everyone going to bed but i was really bored so i asked Liam to entertain me. We decided to open up his bottle of champagne and one thing led to another until we were down in the sitting room........cutting each others hair!!!!!!!! I got around two or three inches taken off and i just kind of hacked at liams. It looks quite good to be honest, i can now wear my hair down in work.

Back in this so-called work today, and Liam has just informed me that our contracts are actually for six months!! this i will not put up with, i am out of here at the end of June. You never know it might be so disorganised that i might just be able to slip away.

6 comments:

Laina said...

ooooh new hair eh? fantastic, this will need to be showcased on taxback day, also known as spending-all-my-money day.
Some losers call it thursday, but crud to that!

Laina said...

yes, clearly that is what's going on. *looks confused*

Laina said...

hmm...i wouldn't have said anything at all only jen said she'd told you (and liom and danielle) on the day of culture. Crud!
I could see that black jewish gypsy thing in your eyes alright, this explains a lot. are we harrypottering tonight?

Laina said...

doh! that'll learn me to keep my mouth shut.
Anyways, half an hour beforehand, really?? May not make it if you're going to the early show, I'm all marathon-ed out and am limping on rather lovely blister so have no intentions of making it home and back into town for 7.

Unknown said...

POST POST POST SMOKE POST POST POST SMOKE POST

Zeta said...

Hmmmm, I think it was I too who had cut the hair!!!!!!!! Paul, how quickly you forget! I MADE YOU!!!!