Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Lord spake to me through Dreams

Wow, so like three posts in one week, easy to tell that Paul is not at home. I have moved from The Hippo, my first hostel cuz while it was clean it was not very cozy or anything, I am now in The Black Sheep, thanks to Robs reccomendation. It much better than the other place, cheaper, bigger but with a huge rec area with loads of couches and a firething in the middle. Much more people there but i have found the receptionists to be a bit cold, a smile when you come to reserve a room would be nice.
Had a bit of a bad day yesterday, got a bit overwhelmed with what i am actually doing here, have to start doing something, whether it be working, travelling or doing all the crazy things available in Queenstown. Just walking around the town on my own all day was getting me down, plus the fact that i lost my phone was really pissing me off. I do be putting in the effort to get to know people in the hostel and stuff but it does not come natural to me, there was a few Irish around but i said that i will not rely on people from home, the same reason i am not going to apply for jobs in the two Irish bars in town. To be honest i am not sure i want a job in a bar, unsocial hours and stress being the main reasons. Of course i would prefere just to not work at all but that seemingly is not an option.
So i was pure tired last night and ended up going to bed at 7 o clock, bad idea cuz i woke up then at 4 wide awake. Odd to think that i could not sleep before 4 for the last few months back home. ANyhow i got up and went to the rec room and watched The Matrix Revolutions and The Mummy 2, both classic films. Went back to bed at 8 and conked out for two hours. Had the strangest dream though, while most of it was about a mermaid and irish mythological creatures and pubs and fanores, the main jist of it was that she had been moping around for years and eventually changed her life by getting off her ass or something like that. I woke up pretty soon after and to be honest i dont think my subconscious could be giving me bigger hints. Went back downstairs, found my phone under a chair and started talking to grumpy receptionist who turnes out is not as bad as i thought. Am in ye old internet cafe typing this at the mo and then finishing off my CV. ALso going to put up some pictures on my bebo.

Will keep ye posted on whether this mood lasts

No comments: