Thursday, May 24, 2007

i am like a vacuos, ephemeral chimera, you dont know me

So i am reading two books at the minute. One i had to buy and the other was in the hostel. The first one is called Quentins by Maeve Binchy. Its a total load of crap but similiar to crack it is hard to put down. When i read it i get filled with a warm fuzzy feeling that is as addictive as the high quality white stuff. I have only read one of her other books before, Scarlett Feather and it was the same. I love the way you get to empathise with the characters, all two dimensions of them and the same characters are used in each book so you get a secret thrill froom knowing their backstory form another of her wonderful novels. I feel so dirty.

The other novel i am reading is the Alphabet of Manlyness by I. M. Maddox. It is slightly different from Maeve Binchy in some ways. Tis well calss though. Just like his web-page The Best Page in the Universe. It can get a bit much sometimes though. ANyone who has ever seen his sight will know how OTT and haveing a book filled 120 pages of the same stuff is pretty over-whelming. I shall keep ye updated when i finish it

1 comment:

Paul Sheehan said...

blah bla blah, you spelt stuff wrong. I. dont. care. I am better than you