Sunday, May 17, 2009

Well if all the cool kids are doing it...

Hark, I hear a call, a call to all across the blogosphere, a call to write and pontificate. Who am I to refuse? So I will keep this short, like Laina I don't think there is much use in going in-depth into what I have done since blogging last; partially as it was only last January and also because not much of note has happened. I am just after finishing the term-time work for my Masters, all I have left to do is a thesis, but I am sure I will whip something up before September. I have also finished all three of my part-time jobs so if anyone has any casual labour going then drop me a line. In my last post I had just started working in the Writing Centre and I am actually very pleased in how that went. I was completely lost at first but then I started to realise that most of my students were far more nervous than me, by the end of it I was guru of all that is good writing, or at least people thought I was. I think most of the time simply having someone give your work a critical read over is all you need, there were times when I had post-grads come into me with essays that I was completely clueless about but they left delighted so i must have been doing something right. The best thing about it i think was the fact it made me a whole lot more critical of my own work, I now am constantly critiquing my own lay-out and editing - case in point, no spelling mistakes yet.

So this post will be more of a statement of intent. Looking back through my old blog postings I noticed we had a good community thing going and i think we should try and get that back again. Think back to the halcyon days of 04-05. Even though we were pretty much all still in college and doing the same thing we managed to talk about it an awful lot. Five years later we are all working/studying in a plethora of different jobs all around the place so there is no excuse that you don't have anything to write about. So if you are reading this leave a comment, or just a link to your own new post - challenge extended. While I cannot really talk with this relatively bland post but I see that we now have the ability to post polls and videos and everything on this thing,
so I for one will be trying to make it a bit more lively.

I am tired and going to bed, off to Derry tomorrow with my class for 4 days, should be a laugh. Will post again when I get back. I hope to see some more posts by then.

Interesting Site of the Day: Biological Rationale for Religion

1 comment:

AJ said...

wooooooo I'm back biartch! I too have joined this years blogging renewal. (it seems to be a yearly thing)