Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Working 9 to 5.......ya right more like 9-4..the next morning!!!


Alrighty then so i think regardless of other developments in the 'blogosphere' (oh how maddox would be turning in his grave) i think i will continue to use this blog as my primary kind of 'diary' thing.

So i am just home from work there, well actually Eoin came and picked me up and we went to Eddie Rockets, i really have to stop doing that, i aint excercising as much as i want so i have to stop eating so much of that shit, delicious as it may be. David Kitt was playing tonight, he was grand, a big crowd but they were not mcuh drinkers so it was a pretty quiet night. I am working again in Thursday night and then Saturday and Sunday night. If i stick to my ISI schedule then i am on the way to working my first 60 hour week. Did you ever think you would see the day ehh. I am not doing much bar working at the minute but it is not too much of a bother, i am getting at least 8 hours sleep every night so i think i can handle it as lond as that stays the same. One thing about it however is that i am finding myself clenching my teeth the whole time and it is beginning to hurt. Perhaps it is because i am subconsciosly stressed i aint sure I think it might just be the whole working behind the bar and dealing with people. I am not sure why i wanted to work in a bar so much to be honest as i hate dealing with people. As many of ye know i cannot stand having to answer phones and dealing with people face to face is not better. I actually dread starting work behind the bar but that subsides after a few minutes. Pouring pints is easy but i am always worried that i am doing something wrong. I always get into the swing of things and enjoy it a lot as the night goes on but i think that i am doing most of the clenching when i am actually pouring the pint and adding up the persons change in my head. Perhaps i will start wearing a gumshield in bed cuz i think i do it a lot in my sleep as well, i actually wake up with sore teeth.

(Lindsey Lohan suffered from heat exaustion, i am just tired)



So 60 hours ehh, i am going to be rolling in it. What i really want to do with the money is pay off my debts, i got rid of the Credit Card money and am set to get rid of the Credit UNion loan in a few months. I am going to continue living like a pauper and just save money and pay back shit. Imagine not oweing anybody anything, it will be great.

On a connected note, i am now thinking of puching back my leaving til April, the reasons for this are multitude:

1)i will have completely paid off my credit union loan
2)i will have saved up a lot more money
3)if i have paid of the Credit Union loan i can then get a graduate loan from the bank and i wont have to pay that off til i come home, with the Credit UNion i would have been paying while i was away.
4)I will definately have my life-guard and swim-teacher qualification, at the minute getting the lifeguard one looks a bit iffy.
5) i will be going into New Zealands winter and can head straight to the ski-resorts and try and get a bar job there, i will then be set to get a summer job at the start of their summer rather than arriving in January which is nearer the end.
6)I will be able to fit in a snow-boarding holiday in Europe before i go if i am lucky.
7) i will get to see my sister for more than two weeks in two years. As it stands she will just be coming back and i will just be leaving.

The only think making me want to go in January is my pride to be honest, i said to myself and everybody that i will be going then and it sux that i will not be able to stick to it. I cant think of any reason why i should not put it back another bit to be honest. If anyone has any suggestions or somments about this please leave them here or somewhere more private as i am starting to try and get organised and would appreciate any input.

Right i think i will go have my shower and then head to bed, tomorrow is my leisure day, well i might work a few hours in ISI but i told myself i dont have to. Since i work weekends i dont really have any days to do nothing bar the ones i allow myself.

9 comments:

alpha said...

I would say the danger of people putting things off is that they get kind of cosy where they are but in your case you don't seem to be quite living in the lap of luxury just yet so you can go another month or two or three and not get attached. Therefore I don't see much concern in you not leaving for a while.

On another note I am downloading a 14day trial of EVE online right now. Didn't go to college cos it's the most rotten day in existance

robryan22 said...

It is the most rotten day ever, i agree.

I also agree with the not leaving earier. Think about it this way too, itll be Jan, post Christmas, negative funds. From being in NZ I saw the difference between people who went with no money and work stuff, and people who saved and took a loan before then went (me). I enjoyed myself much more. With a grad loan you know when you coem back youll be working and itll be paid off.
And I'll make a deal with you, if you decide not to go until later, I'll make sure you go in April or June,around then....cause if u dont leave ill start calling round to your house, and becoming your bestest friend!!

Paul Sheehan said...

a faith worse that death i am sure, if only you were not so cute

Anonymous said...

who's maddox?

anyway, thats interesting about the feeling of dread every time you get behind the bar. exact same thing used to happen to me in dublin. its just something you get used to i suppose. for me, my biggest comfort was that you can never fuck up too much, cos basically its a bar and you have a small army of bouncers on your side. and if anyone gets rowdy with you it can be put down to drunkenness on their part so you are NEVER at fault. its grand really.

good call on putting the NZ thing back. i think it makes sense not to be worrying about the debt you're in while you're supposed to be having the time of your life.

Anonymous said...

I think you should definitely look into getting an anti-teeth clenching/grinding guard to wear at night. People with them are cool and have healthier, hurt-free mouths :D KDK

Anonymous said...

seriously, who's maddox?

Laina said...

i say aye with the rest of them, put it back, loan it up, then head away. You had a list! They're always convincing :D

Anonymous said...

hurray for me, i´m one of the reasons Paulie is delaying his trip(even if i am num7, ie last)

Anonymous said...

ok as the kiwi of the bunch I say YES put it back...the summer jobs are taken up by students on summer holidays, enjoy the most of the summer you can get here as you'll be going into winter there. however, the ski slopes don't open until about may or june I think, more likely june. But under a work holiday visa you can't work more than three months in one job anyhow, so go about april/may, get a temporary job then move on into the slopes once they open _ although try and suss out a job asap for the mountains as it is really popular! there we go, tres helpful! ooo also no worries about money as the euro is worth double the NZ doller pretty much and by my experience in France everything costs the same anyhow. like a bigmac combo here is like 5€_à...and in NZ its NZ$5.80 so all good my friend!! xx